Doulton's Extensive Development Laboratories are continually setting new standards in water quality throughout the world.
Their commitment to quality has been demonstrated by achieving ISO 9002 certification,
certificate number 90082, tested and approved by:
- The British Standard 5750
- The World Health Organization
- Department of Health (Toronto, Ontario)
- Water Research Council (London, England)
- University of Arizona (USA)
- Spectrum Labs (Minneapolis, USA)
- WRC (Buckingham Shire, England)
- National Sanitation Foundation standards 42 & 53 (USA)
- Hyder Labs, Cheshire England
- Loughborough University, England
- Thresh, Beale & Suckling Laboratories, England.
- Clare Microbiological Laboratories, England
- Severn Trent Laboratories, England
- And Many Other Independent Laboratories Worldwide
- EPA Reg. No. 69096-1 (Sterasyl)
- EPA Establishment No. 69096-GBR-001
Over 170 years experience in the design, development, manufacture
and supply of finest water filters. Today, Doulton is acknowledged
world leader in water purification, with millions systems sold each year in over 150 countries.
League of Red Cross
Medicines Sans Frontiers
US and Foreign Embassies
Save the Children Fund
Governments Agencies, US and other military, industrial concerns
and above all by millions of satisfied individuals.
Doulton and British Berkefeld single candle marine-duty filters are
manufactured in a range of proven filter designs for pressurized
fresh water systems installation in undersink, or worktop locations. Ideal for small crafts providing about 1/2 gal./2
L./min. of safe, clean drinking water direct from your holding tank, river or lake.
filter designs combine high reliability with ease of operation
to provide a proven and tested solution to the problem of providing a safe drinking water supply in any
location and from any fresh* water source.
All water filtration systems are manufactured in high grade materials to produce durable
designs capable of providing many years of trouble free service.
A full range of self sterilizing cleanable filter candles
can be fitted allowing filter performance to be matched to the
requirements of any local water conditions.
British Berkefeld marine-duty filters fitted with Doulton Supercarb
cleanable candle remove chlorine, bromine and other disinfectants used in the craft fresh water system.
The gravity British Berkefeld water filters
are perfect match for boats without fresh water systems such
as antique crafts etc. Just top them up with raw water from lake or river they can provide up to 20/80 gal./L. a day.
The galley of HMS 'Discovery' features an original British
Berkefeld water filter as used on the early expeditions.
*Any fresh water source other than sea and brackish water.
Boats manufacturers and stockist inquiry welcome.